COVID-19 Caring Conversations
COVID-19 Caring Conversations provide an opportunity for caregivers and people living with dementia to get support and learn strategies to deal with the unique challenges and concerns of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Living with Early Dementia
- Getting through the Day with Less Stress
- Tips for Caregivers with Loved Ones in Residential Care
- Tips for Caregivers at Home
- Emergency Planning if You or Your Loved One Gets Sick
These 30-minute programs are presented Wednesdays at 11am and 6pm, and most are available in English and Spanish.
Click Here to Register: Please note this link will take you to a page of all the Alzheimer’s Association Programs. They are arranged by date. To register for Caring Conversations you may need to scroll down to the next Wednesday listing. You can also register by phone at 1-800-272-3900.
For more information visit Alzprograms.org or call our 24/7 Helpline at 800.272.3900
Dementia Action Alliance Discussion Groups
Dementia Action Alliance offers a variety of online weekly discussions for friendship, community, and connections.
- Drop-In with Susan Wehry, MD: An open discussion hosted by Susan Wehry, MD – weekly on Tuesday’s at 4:00pm Eastern time.
- Dementia Discussions: Specific topic discussion hosted by members of the DAA’s Advisory Board living with dementia – weekly on Thursday’s at 1:00 pm Eastern time.
- Faith, Hope and Love: A non-denominational discussion about spirituality in your lives hosted by individuals living with dementia – weekly on Friday’s at 1:00pm Eastern time.
The link below will connect you to our free chats – all you need is a phone, tablet, or computer with a camera.
Here is the zoom link for access to all of the Discussions – https://zoom.us/j/4567882023
Dementia Action Alliance Caring Connections: Enhancing Relationships and Compassion
First and Third Sunday of each month @ 5pm
Dementia Action Alliance invites all care partners, family members, and close friends of a person living with dementia to join the free Caring Connections Discussion Group. Come share your ideas, meet new friends, and learn from others as we find strategies to strengthen our connections.
This is part of an ongoing series. Caring Connections meets for one hour on the first and third Sunday of each month at 5:00 pm.
The link below will connect you to our free chat – all you need is a phone, tablet, or computer with a camera.
Southern Maine Agency on Aging Calendar of Events
Southern Maine Agency on Aging has a variety of online classes and presentations including:
- Yoga for Healthy Aging
- Gentle Exercise
- Meditation and Relaxation
- Let’s Talk – Your Toolkit for These Different Times
- Welcome to Zoom