Join our next cohort!
We are currently accepting applications for our next cohort. The deadline for applications is July 27, 2022. Providers (PA, DO, MD) at Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont are eligible to apply. For questions or more information contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview & Goals
The purpose of the Northern New England Clinical Champions Program (NNE-CCP) is to strengthen the primary care workforce by establishing fellowship programs to train community-based primary care physician and physician assistant champions to lead health care transformation and enhance teaching in community–based settings in the tri-state region of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. These three rural states have been some of the hardest-hit areas in New England and in the country for opioid addiction and death. As a result, the primary clinical focus will be to reduce the impact of opioid use in the target communities.
From 2018–2023 we will partner with FQHCs serving rural and/or underserved populations. Cohorts will last up to two years and will have up to eight fellows participating in each cohort, with the exception of the last one-year cohort of five fellows. Our clinical affiliates are National Health Service Corps (NHSC)-approved sites and are located within Healthcare Provider Shortage Areas (HPSAs). The NNE-CCP coordinates with other HRSA-funded initiatives and builds on the success of UNE’s current Bangor-based PCTE program, the purpose of which is to strengthen the primary care workforce of Primary Care Providers -MDs, DOs, PAs, and Pharmacists in rural and underserved areas of Maine
- Clinical site must be a designated Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)
- Must meet National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Standards
- Reserved time away from patient care for Champions to participate in NNE-CCP required activities
- Build preceptorship capacity among site staff for future UNE osteopathic medical and/or physician assistant students
- Attend twice-yearly in-person trainings, monthly virtual learning collaborative sessions, and quarterly mentor meetings
- Design and implement a healthcare transformation project with the support of UNE programmatic staff, and project mentors
- Be a PA, DO, or MD having been in practice for a minimum of two years, full or part-time
The deadline for applications has been extended to July 27, 2022.
Interested clinical sites and prospective applicants can contact email@example.com for additional information.