Navigating the many options you have post graduation can be stressful and confusing. You can use this page to find some information on how to begin navigating this process and start formulating some ideas as to what will be the best path for you. Besides these resources, don’t be afraid to reach out to your adviser or talk to faculty about your thoughts – they can help provide the right guidance for your situation. Remember, there is no post-graduation choice that is “wrong” or “incorrect”; it is all about finding the choice that will be right for you!
Questions to ask yourself:
- Is grad school right for me?
- What should I do be doing while I am a undergrad to set myself up for success?
- How do I find the right program?
- What are grad programs looking for in clinical applicants?
- What are the best practices for applying?
- How do I get letters of recommendation?
- What do I do if I don’t want to go to graduate school?
- Be a STAR in structuring and describing your work experiences on a resume
- Use some action verbs in your resume or professional profile
- Look at templates and examples of resumes
- General guidelines and tips for resume writing
- Advice on writing a cover letter
- Tips and guidelines for writing your personal statement
- How to develop your personal brand in your personal statement
- Avoiding the “kisses of death” in personal statements