The Office of Communications, University Faculty Assembly Academic Technology Committee, and Information Technology Services have created a University WordPress Sites platform to support UNE faculty websites, including blog content. The UNE-branded sites include an easy-to-learn content management system that will let site publishers autonomously manage and instantly publish content to their sites.
The sites are available to all current faculty and professional staff for the purpose of showcasing their research and academic interests. The sites are expected to amplify faculty work to external audiences with content that augments www.une.edu and other University digital platforms. The sites are not intended to replace content on these platforms. Further, the sites are not intended to be course websites or to serve as data repositories, but, rather, their purpose is to highlight the work of faculty via engaging copy, blog posts, photos, and videos.
Faculty members are not required to use this particular platform for their websites and may elect to use an alternate service. UNE offers other types of digital platforms to faculty and professional staff, such as Blackboard and SharePoint, that may better suit their particular needs. To learn more about Blackboard and SharePoint, please contact ITS. To learn more about DUNE: DigitalUNE, UNE’s institutional repository, please contact Library Services. Additionally, social media is a great tool for communicating faculty research findings, connecting with peers and expanding community reach, and creating opportunities for collaboration. If you would like to learn more, contact Louise Coburn, UNE social media strategist.
- Secure, on-campus hosting
- 500 MB of file storage
- A variety of UNE-branded layout options
- Easy to use site editor (Gutenberg)
- Blogging capabilities, including tagging
- Ability to add photos and embed YouTube and Vimeo videos
- Ability to use social media icons to link site to Site Publisher’s social media accounts
- Ability to post a variety of file types (jpg, jpeg, png, gif, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, odt, pptx, ppsx, xls, xlsx, key, mp3, ogg, m4a, wav, mp4, rdata, csv)