Faculty and student investigators may receive various forms of research support from the CEAH:
- Assistance in the recruitment of older adults as classroom speakers and volunteers for education-related projects. Faculty interested welcoming Scholars to their classes should contact Dr. Meuser.
- Assistance in the recruitment of human subjects for IRB-approved studies. Over 700 were enrolled in May, 2023, and this pool of motivated volunteers will continue to grow.
- De-identified data sets in support of exploratory studies and student projects. Review the LSP Data Manual for the approximately 200 variables presently collected on an annual basis. Supplemental surveys add another 100 variables. Contact Dr. Meuser to learn more.
- Consultation on research questions, methods, etc.
- Pilot Funding – Faculty may apply in response to formal calls for pilot projects or directly to Dr. Meuser as ideas come up.
- Free poster printing services for conference presentations relevant to aging. Contact Kelly Abrams to have your poster printed.
- Partnership in the development of programs, workshops, and other offerings to enhance the research skills of UNE faculty, professional staff, and students.
- Growing Infrastructure for Holistic Health and Research with Aging Mainers, Tom M. Meuser, University of New England