Faculty and student investigators may receive various forms of research support from the CEAH:
- Assistance in the recruitment of older adults as classroom speakers and volunteers for education-related projects. Faculty interested welcoming Scholars to their classes should contact Dr. Meuser.
- Assistance in the recruitment of human subjects for IRB-approved studies. Over 500 were enrolled in October, 2020, and this pool of motivated volunteers will continue to grow.
- De-identified data sets in support of exploratory studies and student projects. Review the LSP Data Manual for the approximately 200 variables presently collected on an annual basis.
- Consultation on research questions, methods, etc.
- Pilot Funding – Faculty may apply in response to formal calls for pilot projects or directly to Dr. Meuser as ideas come up. Grants range from $100 to $15,000. All projects are reviewed for funding support on a case-by-case basis. Contact Dr. Meuser for details.
- Free poster printing services for conference presentations relevant to aging. Contact Kelly Abrams to have your poster printed.
- Partnership in the development of programs, workshops, and other offerings to enhance the research skills of UNE faculty, professional staff, and students.
- Growing Infrastructure for Holistic Health and Research with Aging Mainers, Tom M. Meuser, University of New England