This service level agreement describes the hosting, content responsibilities, and the configuration level of service and support for all University WordPress Sites. It defines the University of New England’s responsibilities as well as the Site Publisher’s responsibilities as parties of this agreement. In addition, it provides Site Publishers with Help Desk and maintenance information.
Responsibilities of University of New England
UNE’s Information Technology Services Department will provide website hosting to faculty and professional staff of the University of New England (“Site Publishers”) for all approved University WordPress Sites. The hosting service is provided free of charge. It includes the following:
- 200 MB default storage
- A site URL and name (sites.une.edu/yoursitename)
- Access to assistance from the UNE ITS HELP DESK during normal business hours
1-877-518-4673, ext. 2200
Portland Campus: 1-877-518-4673, ext. 4400
Note: Information Technology Services holds a bi-weekly maintenance window every other week, from 4 a.m. to 6 a.m. It is possible that sites may experience temporary downtime during this planned window.
Configuration and Content
UNE’s Office of Communications will provide website configuration to faculty and professional staff of the University of New England (“Site Publishers”) for all approved University WordPress sites. The site configuration service is provided free of charge. It includes the following:
- Assessment of site requests; granting site access upon approval
- A professionally designed and UNE branded site without content
- Initial configuration of site and related bug fixes
- WordPress support for updates and security patches related to the UNE platform
- We will not modify nor amend the Site Publisher’s content
- “Content” refers to anything the Site Publisher posts to the site, including opinions
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
The agreement will become effective upon initial site set-up. Acknowledgement of this agreement at the time of registration (via the Register link at sites.une.edu) signifies understanding of the terms, policies, and guidelines and acceptance of the terms, policies, and guidelines.
Duration of Service Level Agreement
The initial term of this Agreement begins on the effective date of initial set-up and will continue for a period of one year. The parties have the option, but not the obligation, to renew this Agreement on an annual basis.